Thursday 2 April 2015

My First Week of Prep

My first week of prep was difficult,but I am really trying to ease my way into it. The hardest part was the workouts, since I pushed myself.I am not being super strict with my diet, but I am making the effort to choose healthy balanced meals.

WORKOUTS:

Day 1: 1-hour Yoga Class (Equilibrium Fitness Training)

Day 2: Cardio (12.5 mins on Step Mill & 25 mins treadmill walk, 10 mins stretch)

Day 3: 40 mins Arm Workout (ticeps, biceps, shoulders)
-this workout was mostly dumb bells and done standing with little rest b/t sets
-10 min at-home yoga

Day 4: 35 mins Leg Workout
-this workout was mostly body weight exercises or with kettle bell, high rep & little rest)

Day 5: I was so sore from legs!!!
-20 mins at-home yoga

Day 6: 35 mins HIIT Training (cardio & abs, little rest, mostly body weight)
-10 mins at-home yoga

Day 7: Tomorrow is Good Friday so I will be resting, maybe do a little yoga or go for a walk!

*Everyday I also do a 10-20 minute Guided Meditation

DIET:

Breakfast: Oatmeal & egg whites with spices/gluten-free toast with nut or seed butter/high-protein granloa (Cascadian Farms)

Lunch: Salad with hemp, sunflower, pumpkin and/or flax seeds & dried cranberries, light dressing/2 eggs with 2 rice cakes & salsa

Dinner: Salad with avocado, seeds/rice pasta & veggies/egg whites with apple & flax seed

Snacks: Apple & sunflower butter/vegan protein shake/greens smoothie/avocado & vegan protein mousse/rice cakes & seed butter/Chia Pudding

Beverages: water, almond milk steamer, matcha latte, lots of herbal teas! 

***treats: a few squares dark chocolate (Giddy Yo Yo is my fav!), Starbucks Green Tea Latte (soy & no syrup), Arbonne Chocolate Fit Chews

SUPPS: Arbonne Power Packs (multi, antioxidant & metabolism, probiotic, digestive enzyme)
-ATP Fish Oil

Next week I will kick up the workout duration and look for a NEW vegan protein to try!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment