Sunday 14 April 2019

Blueberry Banana Matcha Shake

Blueberry Banana Matcha Smoothie

I recently bought this Matcha powder from Indigo and it's by the brand Tealish. I was just going to buy the original, but I chose the peppermint and I'm so glad I did! The peppermint really adds a sweet and fresh flavour. For this recipe I used the peppermint matcha powder, but you can use either!


Matcha powder is a very concentrated product, so you don't need much! It packs 10-15 times the antioxidants as green tea and is a great energy booster. The amino acid L-theanine in matcha is helpful for combating stress and anxiety. I personally bought it because I have been cutting down on coffee to recover my adrenal glands. 

This smoothie has 25 grams of plant based protein and about 25-30 grams of carbs. The plant based protein adds some extra fibre and almond milk adds a creamy texture as well as some healthy fats. This drink is great for post workout recovery and all of the antioxidants from the fruit and matcha will tackle free radicals that are released from exercise!

Blend all of the following ingredients and Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment