I am labelling this 'off-season' since I'm not competing until March, but do not be mistaken..This does not mean I'm 'off' from eating clean and training hard. This winter I'm doing a proper build period. This means heavier weight training and good wholesome food. Our bodies need change in order to respond properly. I'll be incorporating more carbs into my diet to build some lean muscle and reset my metabolism. By increasing my calories to match my training load, I will get stronger and feel energized! Also when I do my 'cut' in season, my body will respond to the changes much better and I'll be able to get lean and stage ready!
So what foods will I eat?
- a mixture of mostly complex carbs and some simple carbs after workouts or fruit in the morning: oatmeal, brown rice, quinoa, sweet potato, brown rice pasta, rice cakes, blueberries, bananas, apples and lots of vegetables of all kinds!
- lean protein sources: chicken, tuna, egg whites, eggs, lean ground turkey or chicken, protein powders
- healthy fats: ground flax seeds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower butter, chia seeds
- protein powders (hydrolyzed whey isolate, whey isolate, vegan protein)
- BCAA's (branched chain amino acids) and SAAs (silk amino acids)
- vitamin D
- omega 3's