Monday 12 September 2016

Competition or Photoshoot?

Competition or Photoshoot?

Another Secret of a Fitness Model that I am willing to share...for the past 9 weeks I have been training hard in the gym and in the kitchen on my diet to prepare for a show that is now 3 weeks away. But last week I decided that another competition wasn't what I really wanted to do! After competing in 13 different fitness modelling competitions, did I really need to compete again? What would this accomplish? What did I need to prove to myself? How would this inspire others?

After answering these questions, I realised that I was prepping out of habit. This was not going to bring me more confidence, self assurance or motivation. I had already gotten that back from watching my body change over the past 3 months. I did not need to show other people or myself that I could do this. I've already done that 13 times!!! If you have been living the life of a competitor with cycling through off-season and on-season for a few years it becomes a habit. The excitement and journey isn't as influential when you have done it multiple times.

So after thinking about all of these factors I decided that I would continue my 12-week prep, but for a Photoshoot ! I am excited to try experience something new and different to build my own confidence. There are many reasons for getting professional photos done and I highly recommend it to anyone who is going through a fitness journey. I am looking forward to walking away with something tangible after prepping for this goal and not feeling like my journey is "over" afterwards. It is a step outside of my comfort zone and I encourage others to give it a try! If you are tired of comparing yourself to others and want a more personal experience to work towards, this might be a great option for you too! At the end of the day, I will continue to do what's best for me and inspire other women to as well.

Stay healthy, be happy & feel confident ladies ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment