Sunday 20 December 2020

Carrot Cake Muffins

 This muffin recipe is inspired by carrot cake! These muffins are gluten-free and dairy-free with a light & fluffy coconut whipped topping.

Ingredients:

-1 1/2 cup oat flour ( I made my own by grinding oats in my blender)

-1 tsp pumpkin pie spice

- 1/4 tsp baking soda

-2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk

-2 eggs

-1/4 cup maple syrup

-1/3 cup melted coconut oil

-1 cup grated carrots ( I used a fine grater for smaller pieces)

*Optional 1/3 cup raisins or chopped nuts (walnuts or pecans) 

I didn't add these, but I know it can add texture and extra flavor! 


Mix all ingredients in a medium bowl with a large spoon or electric mixer as listed.

Grease muffin tin with coconut oil or butter. Fill tins with batter,

Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.


Let cool, then add Whipped Topping:

To make the Coconut Whipped Topping I used 1 can of coconut milk (full fat) with 2 Tbsp of maple syrup. *The Coconut Milk must be cold or it will not become "fluffy" enough for a topping. Blend on high with electric mixer until it is it stiff like whipped cream.

Add your topping or dairy-free frosting and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment